I used it to top the chocolate stout cupcakes from this recipe.
yield: ~24 cupcakes worth of buttercream
1C salted butter, room temperature
1C creamy peanut butter
3C powdered sugar
½C heavy cream
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in heavy cream, and beat on low until smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes, until buttercream has become light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes or cake.