This recipe is perfect for a delicious, light soup needed in cold weather.
yield: 6-8 servings
2 tbs butter
1 medium onion, diced
1 small sweet potato, peeled & diced
¾ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
6C chicken stock
2C pumpkin puree
2 tbs brown sugar
4 tbs heavy cream
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, bay leaf, stock, pumpkin, and brown sugar.
- Cook soup, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in heavy cream, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup (or stick it in a blender).