I don't have celiacs, but after doing a month long no flour challenge I wanted to test out a gluten free baked good.
This bread is awesome. Definitely does double duty as a dessert treat as well!
1.5C hazelnut meal
2 whole eggs + 3 egg whites, lightly whisked
1/4C canola oil
3/4 brown sugar
2 bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1C frozen blueberries (they float better in the batter than fresh ones)
1/2C dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid), whisk together all ingredients except for the blueberries and chocolate chunks.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries and chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is no longer wet and an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan and slicing.