It is very delicious, but a little skimpy on calories so I suggest adding barley or brown rice.
32oz can of diced tomatoes
1 large eggplant, halved lengthwise
1 small yellow onion, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
4C vegetable broth
1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place onion and eggplant face up on a baking sheet.
- Spritz onion and eggplant with olive oil (or drizzle if you want a heavier hand).
- Roast vegetables for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- If you have a Vitamix: add all ingredients and blend on high for 5 minutes.
- If you don't have a Vitamix: combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Purée soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.