I made a few minor changes to the recipe, and they turned out great....and they were pretty too!
4 eggs, room temperature
2.5C all-purpose flour
1C 2% milk
3/4C vegetable oil
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3/4C mini chocolate chips
2 tbs all-purpose flour (to coat chips)
3 sticks (1.5C) salted butter, room temperature
3.5C powdered sugar
7oz sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
mini chocolate chip cookies*
*I bought chocolate chip cookies from the bakery section of the grocery store and cut them in half to use on top. Saved myself some baking
- for cupcakes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease pan if not using cupcake liners.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in large bowl (or stand mixer with paddle attachment) on low for 2 minutes.
- Alternate adding flour and milk, on low speed, until combined.
- Add oil, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat on low for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, add mini chocolate chips and 2 tbs flour, mixing to coat all the chips with flour.
- Fold coated chips into batter.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- for frosting: In a large bowl (or stand mixer with paddle attachment), beat butter on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, alternating with condensed milk, on low speed.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Pipe (or spread) onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- for garnish: Place a mini chocolate chip cookie or half of a mini cookie for decoration if you wish.