I made this bark for a Dessert Swap, and it was a hit! The different textures and flavors all play well together.
1 3/4C semi-sweet chocolate chips
10oz box of Lorna Doone shortbread cookies
14oz bag of caramels
3C sweetened flaked coconut
3 tbs water
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, set aside.
- Melt 1.5C chocolate chips, over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Spread the melted chocolate to your desired thickness (I spread it over the entire length of the baking sheet so it was pretty thin).
- Top your warm chocolate evenly with your shortbread cookies (I did mine at a diagonal).
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator.
- In a skillet on medium-low heat toast coconut, stirring occasionally.
- When the coconut is browned (but not burnt!), too about 10 minutes, set aside.
- Unwrap all the caramels and place them in a medium saucepan with water.
- Heat caramels and water over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the caramel has just melted.
- Once caramel has melted, fold in toasted coconut.
- Remove baking sheet from the refrigerator and spread the caramel/coconut mixture evenly on top.
- Melt the remaining 1/4C of chocolate and drizzle over the top of the caramel/coconut layer.
- Put back in the refrigerator until hardened.
- Cut using a SHARP knife.