The original recipe called for fresh blueberries, but I had a ton of frozen ones on hand so that is what I used!
yield: one 9" pie
1 refrigerate pie crust
6C frozen blueberries
1 ½C granulated sugar
6 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs salted butter, cold
2 tbs lemon juice
- Bake pie crust according to directions on the package. Let cool.
- Combine 3C of blueberries with the sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Pour water on top of blueberry mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once mixture boils, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the remaining blueberries.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving.