I did not strain out the seeds, which added a nice texture to the sorbet.
yield: ~1 quart
¼C mint leaves (I used chocolate-mint leaves)
3C fresh raspberries
¼C lemon juice
- Freeze bowl of ice cream maker for at least 24 hours.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the water, sugar, and mint.
- Whisk occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat before the mixture starts to boil.
- Cover the pan and allow the mixture to steep at room temperature for ~30 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the raspberries and lemon juice until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mint leaves from the mint syrup mixture.
- Whisk the raspberry puree into the mint syrup bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream make and freeze according to the manufacturer's instruction.