After seeing how easy this could be, I gave this recipe a try.
The verdict? Taste was great, but texture was weird. I would definitely make these again, but will just prepare myself for the eggy texture that is absent in "regular" pancakes.
yield: ~6 medium pancakes
1 large banana
2 large eggs
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Quest)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- While pan is heating, mash banana in a medium bowl.
- Mix eggs into the mashed banana until well combined.
- Add protein powder to the bowl, mixing until smooth (-ish, as smooth as you can get it).
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet (this depends on how big you want your pancakes on the small-medium-large scale).
- Cook until the bottom appears set (~60 seconds) and flip.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Serve warm (and with butter and syrup if that's your thing).