This sauce had slightly more of a vodka bite than I'm used to, but was delicious (with ravioli and chicken cutlets!).
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs salted butter
1 medium onion, chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14oz) can tomato puree
1C heavy cream
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1C grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted, add in onion and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in vodka, stir, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in tomato puree and heavy cream.
- Allow to simmer, stirring periodically.
- Stir in crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring periodically.