I came across this recipe on Pinterest and thought that with some slight changes, the protein in this muffin could help keep me fuller longer.
The muffins are delicious, and definitely more filling than a regular muffin their size.
2C whole wheat flour
1/2C sliced almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12oz honey Greek yogurt
2 eggs, room temperature
4 tbs butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture, stirring to combine completely.
- Gently fold in blueberries (I used my hands here because the batter was thick).
- Divide evenly into muffin cups.**
- Bake until a tooth pick comes out clean, about 20-24 minutes.
**This batter is VERY thick. Where you put the batter in the muffin tin is where it will stay. So feel free to scoop them in and above the top of the muffin cup, they will just bake that way without running over the edges.