I love pineapple, especially cooked pineapple.
I also love Asian inspired food.
I hate when recipes, particularly crockpot recipes, only include just enough sauce to flavor things...and then leave them dried out.
So here is my doubly sauced, doubly delicious version of pineapple chicken -- which also works well as a freezer meal, plop it all in a freezer bag and when the time comes to eat put it in the crockpot and cook a little longer.
1 package of chicken breasts (typically 4 breasts, about 1.5lbs)
1C soy sauce
1C teriyaki sauce
2 20oz cans pineapple chunks (use juice from one can, discard the juice from the other)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add chicken breasts to crock pot*.
- In a medium bowl, toss pineapple chunks with teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Pour mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (longer if you are pulling this out of the freezer).
- Using two forks, shred chicken (in or out of the crockpot, your choice).
- Cook shredded chicken in crock pot for at least 30 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.