This apple cinnamon quinoa recipe was a filling alternative to oatmeal, and while it is tasty the flavors are more subtle than powerful.
yield: 1 serving
1 small-medium apple (I used Pink Lady)
½ tbsp lemon juice
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼C uncooked quinoa
- Core and cut the apple (leaving the skin on) into chunks.
- Place them in a blender with the lemon juice, cinnamon, and water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place the apple mixture and quinoa into a small pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir continuously until it begins to boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.