Monday, March 3, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa

In my journey to eat better, I have been on the hunt for options that will keep me full at work so that I munch less.
This apple cinnamon quinoa recipe was a filling alternative to oatmeal, and while it is tasty the flavors are more subtle than powerful.

yield: 1 serving

ingredients
1 small-medium apple (I used Pink Lady)
½ tbsp lemon juice
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼C water
¼C uncooked quinoa

directions
  1. Core and cut the apple (leaving the skin on) into chunks.
  2. Place them in a blender with the lemon juice, cinnamon, and water.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Place the apple mixture and quinoa into a small pan over medium-high heat.
  5. Stir continuously until it begins to boil.
  6. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment