This recipe was time consuming, but not difficult, and SO WORTH IT because they turned out delicious!
I ended up using Joy Chen's Potsticker Mild Dipping Sauce paired with them and it was awesome!
yield: 33 potstickers
1 lb ground pork
1C shredded red cabbage
3oz shiitake mushrooms, chopped (I used a mushroom medley from Wegman's because I couldn't find just shiitake mushrooms)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbs hoisin sauce
1 tbs freshly grated ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp white pepper
1 tsp Sriracha
won ton wrappers (found in the freezer section)
vegetable oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine pork, cabbage, mushrooms, garlic, green onions, hoisin, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha, and white pepper.
- Place won ton wrappers on a work surface.
- Spoon 1 tbs of the pork mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water.
- Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.
- Heat 2 tbs of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add a single layer of potstickers to the skillet and cook until golden and crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add more vegetable oil as needed (I added about 2 tbs with every batch I cooked).