On page 82 of the November 2010 issue of Women's Health magazine, their "Your Flat-Belly Day" menu had a "healthy chicken parmigiana with penne" dinner. I modified it slightly, and it was delicious. Not quite as delicious as the breaded, cheesy version but definitely close.
2 thin sliced chicken breasts
2C baby spinach
1C marinara sauce (I used Mezetta roasted garlic pasta sauce)
2 tbs parmigiana reggiano cheese
- In a small covered sauce pan, heat sauce and spinach over medium heat until sauce is bubbling and spinach is wilted.
- Mist a small pan with olive oil.
- Mist both sides of the chicken breasts and place in pan.
- Saute chickens breasts in pan over medium heat until cooked through - flip once to make sure you get both sides.
- In a bowl (or on a plate) top each chicken breast with spinach marinara mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.