chicken bones from one chicken (I used the bones from a rotisserie chicken, as well as the meat)
4C cold water
1 3-4" piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 bunch of green onions
handful of cilantro
4oz thin rice noodles
2C shredded chicken
2C baby spinach
2C mushrooms (I used a mushroom medley from Wegmans)
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- for stock: Put chicken bones in a pot and cover (just barely) with water.
- Bring to a boil and it at high heat for 5 minutes to boil out any yuck.
- Rinse off the bones and give the pot a good rinse.
- Fill the pot with cold water.
- Add rinsed off bones, ginger, green onions, and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a bubbly simmer.
- Let stock simmer for up to 2 hours.
- for soup: Strain out the solids.
- Return stock to pot, salt and pepper stock to taste.
- Add spinach, mushrooms, chicken, and rice noodles to pot.
- Cover and let steam for 5 minutes.