I opted for this recipe and it was delicious....particularly when paired with vanilla bean ice cream!
for berry filling
2lbs mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and black raspberries)
3 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs cornstarch
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
for cobbler topping
2 ¼C all-purpose flour
½C brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
6 tbs chilled, salted butter, cut into ½" pieces
¾C heavy cream
3 tbs sugar
- for berry filling: Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly butter a 9"x13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the berry filling ingredients; toss to coat the berries evenly.
- Pour berry mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- for cobbler topping: In another bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Scatter the butter pieces over the top of the mixture and use a pastry blender (or 2 knives, or your hands) cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cream.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring and tossing with a fork until the topping mixture holds together.
- Place large scoops of the topping evenly over the berries, leaving 1" border uncovered around the edge of the dish.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Place the dish on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the berry filling is bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10-15 minutes.