Red velvet & white chocolate cream cheese frosting is even better.
I paired this cupcake recipe with the frosting from my pumpkin streusel cupcakes.
1 ½C sugar
1 ½C canola oil
1C sour cream
2 tbs red food coloring
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½C all-purpose flour
1 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
for white chocolate cream cheese frosting
8oz cream cheese, room temperature
¼C butter, room temperature
1C white chocolate chips
2C powdered sugar
- for cake: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix sugar and eggs on medium speed.
- Slowly incorporate oil, sour cream, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- On low speed, add flour mixture slowly.
- Beat until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way.
- Bake 23-26 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- for frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Melt white chocolate over double boiler and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Turn speed up to medium and beat for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before piping on to cupcakes.