2C minus 2 tbs cake flour
1 ⅔C bread flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 ½ sticks salted butter
1 ¼C brown sugar
1C + 2 tbs sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ lbs bittersweet chocolate chips or disks
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy - about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Drop in chocolate pieces and carefully incorporate them.
- Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Scoop 1½ tablespoon mounds of dough onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake until golden brown but still soft, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto a cooling rack.