But, this recipe for soft and chewy peanut butter cookies was a huge hit at a BBQ last weekend.
yield: ~28 cookies
½C salted butter, room temperature
½C brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
¾C creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
1 ¼C all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven in 350°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Mix in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla; scrape down sides as needed.
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour, until just mixed.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll about 1½ tablespoons of dough into a ball.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear not fully cooked.
- Press fork down slightly on each cookie.
- Let cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.