This recipe resulted in a tasty, but not fully sturdy pizza crust alternative.
2C grated raw potatoes, firmly packed
½ tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
¼C grated onion
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place row potatoes in a colander and salt; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out water from potatoes
- Mix potatoes, egg, and onion in a small bowl.
- Pat into pie pan, building up the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then brush with oil to help crispen the crust.
- Bake for 20 additional minutes.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings. (Sauce makes this crust less sturdy than if you use sliced tomatoes).
- Bake for ~10 minutes, until cheese is golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting.