Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beer BBQ Sauce

I got new crockpots (yes, plural - 2 of those cool new hookup things) for Christmas and we were feeling some pulled pork.
Out of BBQ sauce, but with a bottle of beer that we had tried but weren't fans of, I searched for a recipe to make BBQ sauce out of this bottle. I came across this recipe that seemed easy enough to whip up quickly.
I didn't let it thicken very long, as I was planning on putting it in the crockpot with a pork shoulder on low heat for few hours, but it was still watery when the pork was done -- but very delicious!

ingredients
2C ketchup
3 tbs chili powder
1.5C beer (I used Shipyard Smashed Blueberry)
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs smoked paprika
2 tbs yellow mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs molasses
2 tbs apple cider vinegar

directions
  1. Whisk all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
  2. Bring sauce to a slow boil.
  3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
  4. Simmer longer if sauce has not reached desired thickness.
  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment