And while they are delicious, they are a million times better after being popped in the microwave for about 10 seconds -- only then can the caramel reach its gooey delicious potential.
yield: 42 cookies
1C butter, room temperature
½ tsp salt
1 (7.4oz) box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Drink Mix (near the hot chocolate!)
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3C all-purpose flour
1 (14oz) bag Kraft caramels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or a silpat).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), cream together butter, sugar, salt, and all 10 packages of apple cider drink mix until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes on medium.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping well as needed.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Lower speed and gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough while you are unwrapping your caramels.
- After your caramels are unwrapped, remove dough from the refrigerator.
- Scoop out about 2 tbs of dough, roll into a ball.
- Flatten ball of dough slightly in the palm of your hand.
- Press an unwrapped caramel into the center of your dough and seal the dough around it making sure to cover the carmel completely.
- Place dough ball on parchment paper covered cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until very lightly browned around the edges.
- Slide parchment paper (and cookies) off the baking sheet and allow to cool on the counter or on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy! (And seriously, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before eating).