I love chocolate hazelnut everything, so this was perfect for me. My MIL wasn't a huge fan of the amount of roasted hazelnuts on top, so you could use fewer (or leave them out) based on your personal taste.
yield: one 9" cheesecake
10oz honey graham crackers (I used 2 out of 3 packets that come in a box)
5 tbs butter, room temperature
13oz jar of Nutella, room temperature
¾C roasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
½C powdered sugar
- Add the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add butter and 1 tbs of Nutella to food processor.
- Process until the mixture starts to clump.
- Add 3 tbs of chopped hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, crumbly mixture.
- Add mixture into a 9" springform pan.
- Press mixture into the base using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place springform pan in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- Take the springform pan out of the fridge.
- Carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the graham cracker base.
- Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts over the Nutella mixture.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to firm up.
- Serve straight from the fridge for best results.