yield: 9 turnovers
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
¼C cream cheese, room temperature
⅔C Nutella, divided
2 tbs flour
1 tbs water
2 tbs powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a floured surface roll out puff pastry into a 12"x12" square.
- Cut into 9 equal square shapes.
- In medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese and ½ cup of Nutella until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Drop 1 tbs of cream cheese mixture into the corner of each puff pastry square. (Leave a small edge on on the puff pastry for crimping later).
- Fold opposite diagonal corner of the square over the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a fork dipped in flour, press the edges of the turnover with the tines of the fork to seal the edges together.
- Place the turnovers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small dish, whisk together egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush each turnover with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with remaining Nutella, warmed.
- Serve warm (but they're still good cold!).