yield: 4 large servings
6C chicken broth
2 ¼C uncooked farfalle
4C finely chopped summer squash
1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
½ tsp fresh oregano, chopped
½ tsp black pepper
½C grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
¼C fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- Add pasta, and cook 8 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add squash and the next 7 ingredients (through pepper).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and basil over soup.