yield: 9"x13" pan of brownies
1C butter, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
1 ⅓C flour
24 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped
½C butter, room temperature
3C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs milk
¼C peanut butter
7 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped & chopped
- for cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add vanilla and salt; mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Stir in cocoa and flour until just incorporated.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the pan.
- Place mini Reese's cups evenly across pan.
- Carefully spread remaining brownie batter on top. (Dropping spoonfuls of batter and spreading them out helps).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until batter is cooked through and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- for frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and peanut butter on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually raise speed to medium-high, and beat for 5 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- Top with chopped mini Reese's cups.