¾C butter, room temperature
1 ¾C sugar
2 ½C flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp lime zest
1 bottle Corona
¼ C milk
for lime cream cheese frosting
12oz cream cheese, cold
6 tbs butter, room temperature
1 tbs lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
4C powdered sugar
- for cupcakes: Preheat 375° and line muffin tins with cupcake liners (or grease muffin pan if not using liners).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Then add the vanilla and lime zest.
- Combine milk and 1 cup of beer.
- Alternate between adding the beer mixture and the flour mixture to the stand mixer on low speed, starting and ending with the flour.
- Fill the cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with a toothpick.
- Add remaining beer to a bowl.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into beer while still warm.
- Let cool.
- for frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixture, cream together the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and zest.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar on low speed, until well combined.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pipe (or spread) frosting on to cooled cupcakes.