Thursday, June 12, 2014

Copycat Cafe Rio Crockpot Shredded Chicken

I was looking for an easy but delicious crockpot recipe for taco night a few weeks ago.
I've never been to Cafe Rio, but my husband is a huge fan so when I stumbled upon this recipe I knew it had to be good....and it did not disappoint!
The combination of ingredients was a little concerning to me, but this chicken went fast!

ingredients
2 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
¾C chicken broth
½C zesty italian salad dressing (I used Marzetti Sweet Italian)
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper

directions
  1. Place chicken breast halves into the crockpot.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
  3. Pour mixture over chicken in the crockpot, cover with lid.
  4. Cook on low heat 6-8 hours.
  5. Using 2 forks, shred chicken in the crockpot.
  6. Allow chicken to cook on low heat for another 30-60 minutes.
  7. Serve using a slotted spoon (to allow chicken to soak in liquid, but to avoid soggy tacos).
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment