I've never been to Cafe Rio, but my husband is a huge fan so when I stumbled upon this recipe I knew it had to be good....and it did not disappoint!
The combination of ingredients was a little concerning to me, but this chicken went fast!
2 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
¾C chicken broth
½C zesty italian salad dressing (I used Marzetti Sweet Italian)
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Place chicken breast halves into the crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chicken in the crockpot, cover with lid.
- Cook on low heat 6-8 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in the crockpot.
- Allow chicken to cook on low heat for another 30-60 minutes.
- Serve using a slotted spoon (to allow chicken to soak in liquid, but to avoid soggy tacos).