My best friend sent me this recipe and it was absolutely delicious (and definitely healthier than regular pizza).
yield: 2 servings
3 zucchini or summer squash, washed and split lengthwise with ends removed
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced fairly thin
6oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
3oz Parmesan cheese, grated
3 fresh basil leaves, ripped into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Brush the zucchini with the olive oil mixture, making sure to use all of it evenly between the "boats".
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over each boat.
- Top each boat with the mozzarella.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top boats with basil before serving.