While the mixture was unexpected to me, it turned out great!
3 tbs salted butter
3 large sweet onions
6oz package of shredded swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2/3C almond milk
1 tsp soy sauce
4 beef bouillon cubes
4C boiling water
10oz package of garlic crostini (or loaf of French bread, sliced)
- Slice onions into thin strips.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, saute until clear.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in 4C boiling water.
- Add onions and beef broth to casserole dish.
- In sauce pan, bring cream of chicken soup, milk, and soy sauce to a boil.
- Pour soup mixture into casserole dish, stir gently to mix.
- Top with crostini (or bread) slices.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, push bread slices under soup to coat the top of the bread.
- Top with shredded swiss cheese.
- Place casserole back in the oven and finish baking for 15 more minutes.