I love all things PB cup & banana bread and this did not disappoint.
While we ate it more as a dessert / sweet treat than a breakfast bread, I'm sure it would be great for breakfast.
3 very ripe bananas
1/2C peanut butter
1/4C canola oil
1 egg, room temperature
1/4C brown sugar
1.5C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1C crushed Reeses peanut butter cup miniatures (I used a little less than half of a 19.75oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid), mix bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg, and sugars until well combined.
- Pour your dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture, mix until just combined. (Do not be alarmed, it will be lumpy).
- Fold in peanut butter cup pieces.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Place piece of tented aluminum foil over the top of the loaf pan to prevent the bread from browning too quickly (as mine did).
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the bread is a golden brown shade.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan if you want, or just leave it hanging out in there.