The recipe was quick, easy, and make 4 huge portions.
8oz whole wheat penne or ziti (or whatever kind of pasta you have)
16oz bag frozen pepper and onion mix
3 links chicken sausage, sliced
2C marinara sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2C plain yogurt (I used Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Sheep's Milk Yogurt)
3/4C Italian blend shredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables and sausage; cook, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid from the vegetables has evaporated (about 15-20 minutes).
- Stir tomato sauce, garlic salt, oregano, and salt into the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in yogurt and pasta.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer contents of the skillet to a casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place casserole dish in the oven for 2 minutes.