This bread was delicious, and filling!, the flavors went great together.
1C brown sugar
2/3C fresh ground almond butter
2 egg whites
1/3C plain yogurt (I used Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Sheep's Milk Yogurt)
1 2/3C hazelnut meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder (gluten-free version)
1/4 tsp table salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan and sprinkle with hazelnut meal.
- In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid stand mixer), beat sugar and almond butter for 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg whites on slow speed until blended.
- Add bananas and yogurt, beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake ~55 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.