We also have had an abundance of cantaloupe, which lead me to Pinterest searching for recipes to use it when I came across sorbet.
This sorbet was delicious, light, and very refreshing!
1/2C granulated sugar
4C cubed, peeled cantaloupe
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- To make simple syrup, combine sugar and water in a saucepan, and heating the mixture over med-high heat until boiling.
- Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool.
- Add cantaloupe, wine, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a blender.
- Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes until sorbet has formed.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into a freezer safe container and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours.