2 patty pan squash
2C sliced mushrooms
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2C olive oil
1/4C red wine vinegar (I used the garlic infused red wine vinegar from GreatValue)
1/2C fresh basil, ripped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Cut eggplant and squash into cubes, about 1".
- In a medium bowl, toss eggplant, squash, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and olive oil together until vegetables are well coated.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring every so often to prevent burning on one side.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Add vinegar and basil, tossing until well combined.
- Serve over your choice of grain (I used Pedon Italian 5 gran).