As delicious as it sounds, it tastes and smells even better than I would have thought - it was painful waiting for it to be done because how wonderful the house smelled.
We served it over angel hair pasta with a chicken cutlet and grated smoked mozzarella on top, resulting in THE BEST chicken parm I've ever had. True story.
2 lbs fresh tomatoes
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Chop tomatoes roughly, but evenly.
- Spread tomatoes in baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic, salt, and black pepper over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Scatter butter cubes evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake mixture for 2 hours 15 minutes*