I found this recipe while searching for healthy crock pot recipes.
While this recipe tasted delicious, be aware that it will be a little watery - but that is nothing a slotted serving spoon can't fix!
1 tbs olive oil
10 chicken sausages (~2.5 lbs)
1 large onion, diced
3 bell peppers, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 large tomatoes, pureed
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
- Cut sausage in half width wise.
- Pour the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat, and slowly brown the sausage on both sides.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place sausage in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover sausage with peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and salt to the crock pot.
- Mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve by itself or over pasta.