A few weeks ago we recipe a recipe for a sweet corn cake in our weekly CSA recipe email. I modified the cooking time and *ta da* muffins!
4 ears corn
1/2C heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
1/2C butter (1 stick)
1/2C vegetable oil
1/2C brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cut kernels from cob.
- In a blender, blend corn kernels, milk, and vanilla until pureed.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), beat butter, oil, and sugar about 2 minutes on medium speed, until light a fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat in 2 eggs for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl again and add last 2 eggs, beating for 30 seconds.
- Add baking powder, salt, and corn mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Add flour, beating for 2 minutes.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.