I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew it was a must make.
I doubled the recipe to make enough for the gathering I was having, they turned out delicious...and SO SO rich.
1/2C (2 sticks) salted butter
1/4C heavy cream
1C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter, heavy cream, and Nutella over medium heat.
- Once melted, bring to just under a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let cool for 30 seconds then pour over chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk mixture until smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for ~2 hours until firm.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons or tablespoons (depending on how large you want the truffles) and form into balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder.
- Then roll one half in sea salt.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat (they get melty pretty fast).