This recipe was warm, creamy, and super filling.
yield: 4 servings
2 tbs olive oil
4oz pancetta, chopped
1 tbs fresh sage, finely chopped
1 2lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½" pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 C chicken broth
12 oz fettucine or linguine
⅛ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ C finely grated Pecorino
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pancetta, reduce heat to medium, and cook 8-10 minutes until crisp; stir occasionally.
- Add sage and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta and sage to a small bowl; set aside.
- Add squash, onion, and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook 8-10 minutes until onion is translucent; stir occasionally.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until squash is soft and liquid is reduced by half, 15-20 minutes.
- Puree mixer in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Combine pasta, squash puree, and cooking liquid in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring so that the sauce coats the pasta.
- Stir in pecorino, pancetta, and sage.