This recipe is kind of like what would happen if chicken parm, spinach, and ravioli filling had a baby.
It was messy but different and delicious.
yield: 8 servings
8 thinly sliced chicken cutlets, ~3oz each
½ C italian seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ C grated parmesan cheese
6 tbs egg whites
5oz fresh spinach
8oz burrata cheese
1 C marinara sauce
olive oil mister
salt and pepper to taste
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick spray (or olive oil mister).
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbs grated cheese in one bowl and ¼ C egg whites in another.
- In a medium bowl, shred 1.5 oz of mozzarella and add remaining grated parmesan cheese, spinach, 2 tbs egg whites, and burrata cheese.
- Lay chicken cutlets down and spread 2 tbs of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one, keeping the seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then dip in breadcrumbs, and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat with each remaining chicken roll.
- When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with sauce and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes.