Though my Denver Broncos lost yesterday, I did try out three new recipes.
This one was an easy and delicious crow pleaser!
2 lbs russet potatoes
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs chili powder
4 tbs olive oil
3 C shredded cheddar cheese (I used Kraft Triple Cheddar)
1 lb bacon, crispy & cut into small strips
3 scallions, diced
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- Add potatoes, olive oil, cumin, and chili powder into a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Close the bag and shake until all potato slices are evenly coated.
- Heat a griddle to 400° (or use a frying pan over medium-high heat).
- Grill potatoes until they are golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place single layer of potatoes into a large round baking dish (I used my Le Creuset braiser).
- Add some of the cheese and bacon on top of the potatoes.
- Keep layering potatoes and cheese/bacon until you run out of both (I ended up with 3 layers but my pan was very large).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are hot and the cheese has melted.
- Top with scallions.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.