Monday, January 12, 2015

Loaded Baked Potato Nachos

Though my Denver Broncos lost yesterday, I did try out three new recipes. 
This one was an easy and delicious crow pleaser!


ingredients
2 lbs russet potatoes
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs chili powder
4 tbs olive oil 
3 C shredded cheddar cheese (I used Kraft Triple Cheddar)
1 lb bacon, crispy & cut into small strips
3 scallions, diced
directions
  1. Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
  2. Add potatoes, olive oil, cumin, and chili powder into a gallon size ziploc bag.
  3. Close the bag and shake until all potato slices are evenly coated.
  4. Heat a griddle to 400° (or use a frying pan over medium-high heat).
  5. Grill potatoes until they are golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
  6. Preheat oven to 350°.
  7. Place single layer of potatoes into a large round baking dish (I used my Le Creuset braiser).
  8. Add some of the cheese and bacon on top of the potatoes.
  9. Keep layering potatoes and cheese/bacon until you run out of both (I ended up with 3 layers but my pan was very large).
  10. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are hot and the cheese has melted.
  11. Top with scallions.
  12. Serve with sour cream for dipping.
  13. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment