Definitely delicious and very, very easy to make.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2 tbs cornstarch
3Cs fresh blueberries
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch to get rid of any lumps.
- In a large bowl, toss the berries, sugar and cornstarch mixture, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and roll out onto the baking sheet.
- Mound the blueberries into the middle of the dough, leaving an inch or two around the edges.
- Fold the edges over the filling, just enough to keep the berries from sliding out, overlapping and pinching where needed.
- Brush the pastry with egg and sprinkle with the course sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes (if the dough is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.)
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing, and serve with vanilla ice cream.