I found this recipe initially on the Pampered Chef website when looking for dinner options that involve my Deep Covered Baker. I didn't feel like watching the video on the PC site, so I went in search of a text version which I found here.
I made this recipe for my book club meeting, it was a huge hit! It also disappeared too fast for me to remember to take a picture. I changed up some of the ingredients based on what I had in the house (and combined my love of PC with my love of Tastefully Simple), and it was phenomenal...and really tasted like chicken parm!
yield: 8 hearty servings
1/3 of a baguette (I used an 11oz ciabatta baguette from Wegmans)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread seasoning, divided
3C chicken stock
3C marinara sauce
3 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 large white onion, diced
1 package (~1 lb) thin sliced chicken breasts
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4C fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread into 3/4" cubes.
- Toss bread cubes, oil and 1 tbsp of the rub in Deep Covered Baker.
- Microwave bread cubes, uncovered, on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring every minute.
- Spread croutons over a piece of Parchment Paper to cool.
- Cook chicken in Deep Covered Baker for 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- After cooking, chop up chicken in the DCB and keep the juices in the baker.
- Stir stock, remaining 2 tbsp rub, marinara sauce, tomatoes, onion, and garlic into baker.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 13 minutes.
- Carefully remove DCB from microwave and stir in Parmesan.
- Top soup with half of the mozzarella.
- Top mozzarella with croutons.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Let stand, covered, 2–3 minutes or until cheese is melted.