Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Deep Covered Baker Chicken Parm Soup

I love chicken parm. It is my most favorite food ever.
I found this recipe initially on the Pampered Chef website when looking for dinner options that involve my Deep Covered Baker. I didn't feel like watching the video on the PC site, so I went in search of a text version which I found here.
I made this recipe for my book club meeting, it was a huge hit! It also disappeared too fast for me to remember to take a picture. I changed up some of the ingredients based on what I had in the house (and combined my love of PC with my love of Tastefully Simple), and it was phenomenal...and really tasted like chicken parm!

yield: 8 hearty servings

ingredients
1/3 of a baguette (I used an 11oz ciabatta baguette from Wegmans)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread seasoning, divided
3C chicken stock 
3C marinara sauce
3 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 large white onion, diced
1 package (~1 lb) thin sliced chicken breasts
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4C fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2C shredded mozzarella cheese

directions
  1. Cut bread into 3/4" cubes.
  2. Toss bread cubes, oil and 1 tbsp of the rub in Deep Covered Baker.
  3. Microwave bread cubes, uncovered, on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring every minute. 
  4. Spread croutons over a piece of Parchment Paper to cool.
  5. Cook chicken in Deep Covered Baker for 3 minutes.
  6. Flip chicken breasts over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
  7. After cooking, chop up chicken in the DCB and keep the juices in the baker.
  8. Stir stock, remaining 2 tbsp rub, marinara sauce, tomatoes, onion, and garlic into baker.
  9. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 13 minutes.
  10. Carefully remove DCB from microwave and stir in Parmesan.
  11. Top soup with half of the mozzarella.
  12. Top mozzarella with croutons. 
  13. Top with remaining mozzarella. 
  14. Let stand, covered, 2–3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  15. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment