This recipe is hearty, simple, and very delicious!
8oz uncooked whole wheat pasta
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2C cubed raw chicken breast
3 tbs chopped fresh basil (I used purple basil)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Cover pasta to keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.