Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Vitamix Carrot Soup

I was perusing easy & quick dinner recipes for my Vitamix when I came across this Curried Carrot Soup recipe. I had a lot of the ingredients, but no curry.
I improvised - my soup is green and not orange. It isn't spicy. It is more mild and earthy than kicking and savory.
It also tastes delicious topped with french fried onions!

yield: 4 servings (~1.25C each)

ingredients
6 organic carrots (greens included), chopped into large pieces
1 small onion, quartered
2C vegetable stock
1/2C milk (I used a coconut milk almond milk blend)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbs fresh sage
fresh ground pepper (I used about 4 turns of the grinder)

directions 
  1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 8 minutes or until steam escapes through lid.
  5. Top with additional fresh ground pepper.
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment