Being that I don't pick up until Thursdays I didn't have most of the ingredients, but I used the provided recipe as a starting point for my own take on corn soup with what I have hanging around from my last CSA pickup.
This soup is delicious, not bad for you (206 calories a serving!), and all of the flavors definitely blend well together.
3C milk (I used Blue Diamond Coconut Milk Almond Milk blend)
3 ears fresh corn
2 tbs butter
1 spring onion, chopped
2 pattypan squash, diced
1/2 cucumber, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh thyme sprig
1 fresh basil leaf
2 fresh dill sprigs
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Break corn cobs in half and place in medium pot.
- Bring milk and corn cob halves to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let steep while preparing the rest of the soup.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cucumber, squash, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add water, herbs, salt, and pepper to vegetables.
- Slowly pour the milk and corncobs into the vegetable pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- Discard corncobs and herbs.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender (or by letting cool slightly and transferring to a blender).