They turned out delicious, and perfectly shaped thanks to my new Nordicware scone pan!
for the scones
3C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 tablespoons butter, cold
1C fresh blueberries
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
for the streusel topping
1/4C brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs butter, cold
1/4 tsp salt
- for the scones: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Work in butter with a pastry blender (or your CLEAN hands, which is what I did).
- Fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour them into the dry ingredients and combine with a fork, just until it forms a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it until everything is combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball and press down.
- Cut dough into 8 slices and spread on a parchment paper baking sheet, or place into greased scone pan.
- Combine the ingredients for the streusel topping and sprinkle over the top of each scone, pressing down streusel topping into the dough slightly.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes.