I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give vegetarian phyllo pizza a go with the CSA goodies in my fridge.
This is an absolute do again, very very delicious and really not all that bad for you.
yield: 9 slices of pizza
6 sheets of phyllo pastry (14"x18"), thawed
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large tomato, sliced
1 patty pan squash, sliced
3 leaves of fresh basil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay 2 phyllo sheets on the parchment paper.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp olive oil over phyllo sheet.
- Lay 2 phyllo sheets on top of the first layer.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp olive oil over that phyllo sheet.
- Lay last 2 phyllo sheets on top.
- Spread 2 tbsp olive oil on phyllo sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic evenly over olive oil.
- Rip up basil leaves and spread out evenly over the pizza.
- Spread tomato slices evenly over pizza.
- Spread patty pan squash slices over pizza.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over squash.
- Sprinkle sea salt evenly over squash.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
- Fold over edges of phyllo sheets to make a crust that slightly covers the contents.
- Bake pizza for 25 minutes.